Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release avr-libc 1.0.5? (Was: [HEAD/1.0] fix pow(N, 0

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release avr-libc 1.0.5? (Was: [HEAD/1.0] fix pow(N, 0))
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:56:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
>
> > I was just going to email you about that. :-)
>
> Ah, sorry for the urgency then. ;-)
>
> > I'm OK with rolling a new release to get the bug fix out. Can we knock
> > off a couple of other bugs from the data while we're at it?
>
> My only concern with that is to not defer it much more, since I know
> Eric would rather like to roll the new WinAVR yesterday than today,
> for very personal reasons...
>
> > Possible
> > candidates:
> >
> >   9013
> >   9014
> >   9669
>
> These should be easy enough to fix.
>
> > Others?
>
> What about 8633?

Yeah.

> 6352 is of more serious nature, and I would (finally) have to check
> again for 2924 (where I think I've already fixed that in my sources).
>
> IMHO, rather roll 1.0.5 now quickly, solely for the sake of WinAVR,
> and then target for a 1.0.6 with a few more fixes, say in a couple of
> weeks.  I'm a bit reluctant to rush any fix into the 1.0 branch.
>
> If people think the idea of having 1.0.5 right now, and 1.0.6 only
> shortly after is not a good one, Eric might just go his 1.0.4 + patch
> for pow(N,0) route.
>
> > I can roll a release this week.
>
> Just curious, what's the checklist for a release:

The procedure should be documented in the manual. If that has any
mistakes or omissions it needs updated.

> . cvs tag it

You need to update the version number in configure.in. There's usually a
few doc tweaks that need done. Obviously, all changes need to be
committed before the tag.

> . cvs co it
> . run ./reconf (using the exact autoconf/automake versions as mentioned
>   in the script)
> . create the .tar.bz2 archive
> . compile the documentation (using doxygen 1.2.x)
> . upload the files
> (. update the docs in the WWW area)

Once the release is rolled, the version number in configure.in needs the
date added back and committed to cvs.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9