Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release avr-libc 1.0.5? (Was: [HEAD/1.0] fix pow(N, 0

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release avr-libc 1.0.5? (Was: [HEAD/1.0] fix pow(N, 0))
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:39:36 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I was just going to email you about that. :-)

Ah, sorry for the urgency then. ;-)

> I'm OK with rolling a new release to get the bug fix out. Can we knock
> off a couple of other bugs from the data while we're at it?

My only concern with that is to not defer it much more, since I know
Eric would rather like to roll the new WinAVR yesterday than today,
for very personal reasons...

> Possible
> candidates:
>
>   9013
>   9014
>   9669

These should be easy enough to fix.

> Others?

What about 8633?

6352 is of more serious nature, and I would (finally) have to check
again for 2924 (where I think I've already fixed that in my sources).

IMHO, rather roll 1.0.5 now quickly, solely for the sake of WinAVR,
and then target for a 1.0.6 with a few more fixes, say in a couple of
weeks.  I'm a bit reluctant to rush any fix into the 1.0 branch.

If people think the idea of having 1.0.5 right now, and 1.0.6 only
shortly after is not a good one, Eric might just go his 1.0.4 + patch
for pow(N,0) route.

> I can roll a release this week.

Just curious, what's the checklist for a release:

. cvs tag it
. cvs co it
. run ./reconf (using the exact autoconf/automake versions as mentioned
  in the script)
. create the .tar.bz2 archive
. compile the documentation (using doxygen 1.2.x)
. upload the files
(. update the docs in the WWW area)