automake

Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 11:50:57 -0500

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023, at 7:14 PM, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
[snip everything addressed in the other thread]
> Yes, there was a bit of confusion here; not only is the FileUtils
> module synchronized between autom4te and automake

Thanks for reminding me that I need to make sure all those files are
actually in sync before I cut the final 2.72 release.

>>       require Time::HiRes;
>>       import Time::HiRes qw(stat);
>
> I believe that the import is not actually necessary

The previous line is a "require", not a "use", so I believe it _is_
necessary.  Have I misunderstood?

> ... should do no harm as long as any use of stat in the code
> is prepared to handle floating-point timestamps.

There's only one use, in 'sub mtime', and that's the place
where we actively want the floating-point timestamps.

zw