automake

Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:04:07 -0700

    I thought we were talking about automake's testsuite probing the behavior
    of *autom4te*

Yes, exactly. Sorry for the confusion.

    $ ./tests/autom4te --version
    autom4te (GNU Autoconf) 2.72d.6-49ab3-dirty (subsecond timestamps supported)

Looks good to me. Thanks.

     a third party CPAN module

Good point.

    The implementation is just

Your patch sent to the autoconf list looked fine to me, FWIW.

Perhaps worth mentioning somewhere that Automake is the consumer of this
information that caused the change. You could point to
https://bugs.gnu.org/64756 if you want something more convenient than
the long multi-month thread on the automake discussion list (which I
pointed to from that bug).

    Jacob, can you confirm that's an accurate test,

+1 for Jacob's confirmation being welcome :).