automake

Re: More an autopackage

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: More an autopackage
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 04:45:03 -0500

I think "layers" of config.site would be useful for parts of autopackage.

There are other a number of packages out there that attempt to solve this
problem in different ways, with varying degrees of success.

One set of extremes is the GNU stow project v. the Modules project.

Lately I'm playing with ark.sourceforge.net, which seems to do a nice job of
melding a lot of the issues well, and taking a larger view approach.