australia-public-discuss

Re: [free-software-melb] [Australia-public-discuss] Need examples of inn

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Re: [free-software-melb] [Australia-public-discuss] Need examples of innovative Australian software
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:19:43 +1000

Hey Patrick,

> I'm not sure about the CA product these days.
I used to work for CA's Threat division (the people who were previously VET).
Development was outsourced to an Indian company (HCL) around 2 years ago, but
the products continue to be sold under the CA name. Whilst most anti-malware
researchers and product developers are now probably in India, there are still
some Australian researchers and product developers working locally.

Unfortunately most of the employees that were around since the VET days were
recently retrenched, but I have a few contact details. I also know somebody
who worked at Sausage Software and did a very short bit of work experience
myself there back in the Hot Dog 5 days. Not sure if that's any use to you
Ben (as far as your petition goes at least), but I'm happy to contact them
on your behalf if you think they could somehow be helpful.

Regards,
Adam