Re: [aspell-devel] TeX accents.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] TeX accents.
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:34:06 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Christoph Hintermüller wrote:

Hi
Am Samstag 29 September 2007 schrieb Antonio Ospite:
Hi,

is it possible to check words with TeX accents in aspell?
I mean, words written like that:
 caf\`e
 os\'e

In ispell it is quite easy to specify at dictionary level an equivalence
between an accented letter written like above and latin1 letter.
Can we do that in aspell in any way?

The dictionaries are definitly not the proper place to handle these. They have
to be handled by the TeX/LaTeX filter. Respective by its encoding and
decoding filter. I'd have to check if it allready is capable of handling them
or not (I can't remember anymore).

The code that you wrote for such a filter is there in Aspell 0.60, but I disable it (by using "#if 0") since it had a number of bugs and wasn't ready for production and only worked on the iso-8859-1 character set (if I recall). The next major version of Aspell has proper support for TeX accents. However, I have been very busy and I don't know when Aspell 0.61 will be released.