Re: [aspell-devel] TeX accents.

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] TeX accents.
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:40:38 +0200

Hi
Am Samstag 29 September 2007 schrieb Antonio Ospite:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to check words with TeX accents in aspell?
> I mean, words written like that:
>  caf\`e
>  os\'e
>
> In ispell it is quite easy to specify at dictionary level an equivalence
> between an accented letter written like above and latin1 letter.
> Can we do that in aspell in any way?

The dictionaries are definitly not the proper place to handle these. They have
to be handled by the TeX/LaTeX filter. Respective by its encoding and
decoding filter. I'd have to check if it allready is capable of handling them
or not (I can't remember anymore).

OT: By the way how about using the LaTeX2e package inputenc
\usepackage[<encoding>[,encoding[,...]]]{inputenc} in your preamble, than you
can directly type è é ê ...

Xris

--
Rankstraße 17