Re: [aspell-devel] remove from word lists

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] remove from word lists
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:18:17 -0800

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 11:19 am, Anton Leuski wrote:
> Jose,
>
> Thank you for the pointers. I'll take a look at them.
>
> > If you have a patch, please send it in, otherwise, lacking a remove
> > feature,
> > you may best be following the suggestions shown in #3 above. Quote:
> > ----------------
> > The personal dictionary is stored in ~/.aspell.en.pws (for English;
> > other languages work analogously, I imagine).  It's a text file with
> > one
> > word per line.  Edit out the errant word to remove it.
> > ----------------
>
> Yea, I guess, I can do that... I was thinking that given that I have
> all the data in the memory already, it's easier to edit the word list
> in the memory and then update it to disk as happens when one adds a
> word to the list.

Editing the file on disk is one solution.
It's only a thought, if you have a great way of making your idea fly, you may
want to look at the latest aspell and see if something can be improved or
added.
There is currently a lot of things changing, so this may be the latest
snapshot if you want to look at modifying/improving/aspell.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-devel/2005-01/msg00025.html

...You may want to look at a few of these to see if there is a solution or
similar thread you may be able to handle/solve:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aspell/