[aspell-devel] Re: VS 2003 Projects

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] Re: VS 2003 Projects
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:24:48 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Tew" <address@hidden>
To: "Gary Setter" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 3:52 PM
Subject: VS 2003 Projects

> How are you building on WIN32 with VC 6.
> Makefiles, VC6 projects?
> I would like to add support for VS.NET 2003 as well and was
wondering if
> anyone had suggestions on which build system to use and how to
maintain it.
> Can we generate MS makefiles from autoconf/automake, would one
use a
> perl script to create a MS makefile, or should we check-in MS
sepecific
> project files?
>
> Just to note
> I also have msys patches that I will put on SF today.

Hi KevnT,
I have three ways to build aspell, VC workspace/project files,
BCB make file, cygwin make file. Only the VC makes a dll, the
rest just make a static library.
I sent KevinA my VC files for Aspell6. He posted them to this
mailing list. Maybe you can search the archives?
I'm trying to bring make one source that is portable. There
doesn't seem to be a good reason why there should be more then
one source.
Personally, I like hand crafted makefiles. For Windows
evironments, there is enough consistency that you can depend on
one file. YMMV. The nice thing about hand crafted makefiles is
you can generally makes sense of them.
I don't support forking. If you want to do work with the current
version of aspell in windows, you might ask KevinA to accept my
patches.