Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:49:47 +0100

Hi Gary
Am Montag, 7. Februar 2005 22:41 schrieb Gary Setter:

> LoadLibrary is the win32 api function that is used to load a dll.
> It returns a handle.
> In fact the code that I was going to submit saved the handle when
> DllMain is called. The handle is saved in a private static var.
> the get_module_handle function returned that private static
> handle. The reason, LoadLibrary is not an effective place to
> store the handle in this case is that the config module is part
> of the library, what ever code calls LoadLibrary is outside the
> library.

Why should that be outside libaspell. One place where the LoadLibrary is
called ( in unix dlopen or others) is in loadable filter support. And this is
definitly at least it was part of libaspell. Thus LoadLibrary will be called
within libaspell if the filter support is hooked up to the core spellchecker
by the application. But that does not mean that LoadLibrary is called outside
libaspell.
If you mean by called outside libaspell that you want to allow applications to
have one place where LoasLibarary is called, add some dl fucntion
registration which allows applications to forces aspell to retrieve modules
form them instead directly asking the operating system.

Further which code calls LoadLibrary outside libaspell ??? What do you mean???
cu
Xris