Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:25:18 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Atkinson" <address@hidden>
To: "Gary Setter" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 12:18 AM

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Gary Setter wrote:
>
> > Whould you consider saving the the handle of the aspell lib
at
> > the time you do your LoadLibrary and define
get_module_handle()
> > to return that handle?
>
> Please submit a patch.

My plan was to submit that patch at the time each exported
function was marked with the ASPELL_API macro. I could submit
that in the next day or two, but until the c interface is
complete, the marking of exported functions will be incomplete.

> > What types of things are you exporting from your version of
the
> > dll? The 0.5 version exported a lot of class methods and
whole
> > classes.
>
> They are needed for the Aspell utility only.  No other program
should be
> using them.

That is interesting. I consider the utility a good test for
wether the api is complete.

> > I thought the project was moving in the direction of a c
> > only interface. Are we there yet?
>
> No.  Its is getting closer.

 Release early, release often?

What about the generated files? I can visualize aspell.h being
generated based on the ASPELL_API macro, but I still don't
understand how something like check_info.hpp is generated.
I just searched all the files distributed with the last alpha,
and CheckInfo only shows up in check_info.hpp. Are all the
"Automatically generated file." comments up to date?