Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] MSYS patch
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:30 -0600

----- Original Message -----
<snip>
 >Hi Kevin,
> >
> >Whould you consider saving the the handle of the aspell lib at
> >the time you do your LoadLibrary and define
get_module_handle()
> >to return that handle?
> >

> Sorry don't follow the LoadLibrary logic ? What LoadLibrary
call are you
> talking about?
> I'm using the libaspell.dll libarary and just dynamically
linking
> against it.

LoadLibrary is the win32 api function that is used to load a dll.
It returns a handle.
In fact the code that I was going to submit saved the handle when
DllMain is called. The handle is saved in a private static var.
the get_module_handle function returned that private static
handle. The reason, LoadLibrary is not an effective place to
store the handle in this case is that the config module is part
of the library, what ever code calls LoadLibrary is outside the
library.