Re: [aspell-devel] Ported to Solaris / Sun WorkShop 6 compiler

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Ported to Solaris / Sun WorkShop 6 compiler
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:17:28 -0500 (EST)

I will not apply the patch as is as there are some changes I don't approve
of.

1)
I will accept the changes to deal with the fact that the sun compiler is
to stupid to know that abort doesn't return as those are harmless.

2)
In may cases you changed:

  String val = config.retrieve("key");
  String val = String(config.retrieve("key"));

what is the error you are getting without the change?  There might be a
better way to solve the problem.

Same for
-static void display_menu(O * out, const Choices * choices, int width) {
+static void display_menu(O * out, const StackPtr<Choices> &choices, int width)

3)
The C++ standard requires "friend class HashTable", "friend HashTable" is
not valid C++ and will not compile with gcc

4)
What is the reason for?
+#if (1)
+  FStream CIN(stdin, false);
+  FStream COUT(stdout, false);
+  FStream CERR(stderr, false);
+#else
+#include "iostream.hpp"
+
+Note: There is no good reason that iostream.hpp or iostream.o should be
availab
le
+when compiling applications.
+#endif
+
+

5)
In parm_string you comment out one of my compressions due to a conflict
with the STL.  I have a configure test to deal with this problem.  It will
define the macro "REL_OPS_POLLUTION".  Check that the macro is defined in
settings.h and if it is use an ifndef around the comparasion.  if the
macro is not defined please let me know.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org