aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] your dissertation revisited

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] your dissertation revisited
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:34:54 +0530

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:20:09PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Good.  Sounds like my dissertation.

I re-read your dissertation again.  Now it makes a lot more sense!

In your dissertation, you model "merely goal appraisal".  With
Aleader, I model goal appraisal with respect to pronouns.  For
example,

  Do _I_ find event-XXX desirable?
  Do _you_ find event-XXX desirable?

That's really the main point.

So hopefully there is a lot less conceptual distance between
your thesis, OCC and Aleader than I originally estimated.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader