aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: OCC

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: OCC
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:40:16 +0530

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:51:17PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Sorry I've been so scarce.  They have been working me very hard
> at my neurospych rotation.  I've set some slow wheels in motion
> to reduce my workload and also should be getting more efficient
> a little...And the pace has lessened a bit.  Now I have to catch up.

OK, cool.

I just can't prevent myself from raving about OCC a little bit.
This book is just fantastic.  It is tremendously thorough and
convincing.

Also, now I know how to explain Aleader in terms of OCC:

Aleader is the same kind of theory as OCC, albeit much less mature.
The main difference between OCC and Aleader is seen in the section
"Types of Evidence for Theories of Emotion" (OCC, page 8).
Mirroring OCC, Aleader considers linguistics, self reports and
mostly ignores behavioral and physiological evidence.  Contrary
to OCC, Aleader gives chief importance to "theory of mind"
(Baron-Cohen, etc).  TOM is the main organizing factor for
Aleader.

This is just a teaser.  ;-)

I am working on a longer email which goes through the details
but I will not to send it until you are caught up with the
email backlog.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader