adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] First sketches: Sulin, Cirades & Risartus

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] First sketches: Sulin, Cirades & Risartus
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:06:12 -0600 (CST)

Rymon and Turvale look good, though I think Rymon should be older. The
short, dark hair and the stubble on Turvale are particularly good. All
three of these men are middle-aged or older.
I imagine that Turvale, in age, should be the middle of the three, around
50. Rymon is the eldest, pushing 65 or 70. The long hair is spot on. I
agree with Kai that Solmanus needs a beard. An age in the late thirties
or very early forties would fit him, I think.
As for color, I think Cirades' color scheme should include some green, as
a suggestion of his alliances and allegiances within the magick using
world. Sulin's color scheme makes perfect sense - he is, after all, a
blacksmith. I like the dark blue on Solmanus as well, with perhaps a hint
of yellow or gold. A yellow or golden hand mind even work, if it wouldn't
too strongly suggest the white hand of Saruman. In this case, the golden
hand would be a symbol of alchemy and turning lead to gold.

Andrew

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, LunarBlade Valentine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The (very little) coloring is only temporary, just to get the idea for
> each's color scheme.
> Tell me what you think, please?
>
> I was thinking maybe each of them could have a specific color they prefer to
> wear- maybe it'll make the player remember who's who more easily- you know
> what I mean?
> I was thinking that Sulin would be all browns, Cirades will be all light
> colors and white, and Risartus could be clad in dark blues.
> What do you think?
>
> LunarBlade/Anat.
>

> "...No live burials today, thank you." Ashley Riot. Vagrant Story.
> "The time is now!" -Sephiroth.
> "...Making a fool outta me?!" Bart, Xenogears.
>    My RPG fanart & fanfiction site; The Ancient Capital:
> http://kickme.to/TheAncientCapital/

All that is gold does not glitter,
  Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,