adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] First sketch: Albrecht

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] First sketch: Albrecht
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:29:09 -0600 (CST)

First off, Welcome aboard, LunarBlade.

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 09:37:05 +0000 LunarBlade Valentine wrote:
>
> > What do you think? I numbered the sketches, so it'll be easier to
> > explain which one you mean. I like number 3 best, but I'm not sure if
> > this is even the right direction.
> > No. 4 is just an example of making him more evil, and no. 2 is an
> > example of looking not obviously evil.
> > Remember; these are just early sketches!
>
> I really like the hair of exhibit 2, but as a whole it looks a bit too
> young, I think. Wonder how it'd look with face of no. 4. Which is great,
> btw. Looks not terribly evil, but cunning; as if he's planning or hiding
> something evil.
>
> As for no. 3, I think he looks a bit too slick there. I imagine him to
> be rather unkempt, that's why I like the hair of no. 2 so much. Fit very
> well to a mad genius. Not that Albrecht would be either of that, but
> still ... ;)
>

> > I imagine him blond, rather skinny and in his 30's. Do you think he
> > should be older? Younger?
>
> Considering the background, anything from 35 and beyond would be okay, I
> guess. Dunno if Andrew had something different in mind.

Silly me, I hadn't thought about his precise age, but I think 35 is the
youngest he could possibly be. 15 years have passed since the Magick
Riots. Further, I don't think that it would be reasonable for Albrecht to
have taken power earlier than his twentieth year. How old he was at the
time is up for discussion, I think. It depends on whether his father had
to die first. If the Wyvernesse family practices regency, then Albrecht
might still be in his 30's. If Albrecht's father had to die first, he
would be older. But that's all slightly academic, since at the time of the
riots, Albrecht needs to be young energetic. I think, then that Albrecht
is between 35 and 45 years old.

I had always understood Erinsford as being a kind of smallish city-state,
or at least functioning as one as far as the hereditary passing of power
is concerned. The big question for me, though, is: Whose borders is
Erinsford found within? Is it technically within the Elvish kingdom
capitoled at Cirdanth? To whom, if anyone, does the Wyvernesse family
pledge its loyalty?

Andrew
--
All that is gold does not glitter,