ada-mode-users

Re: gpr-query issues

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: gpr-query issues
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 10:00:35 -0800

Jonty Needham <jontyneedham@gmail.com> writes:

> Just installed the latest ada-mode from Elpa.I've run the build.sh and
> install.sh which both completed successfully (after installing gnatcoll*
> packages).
>
> I now get when requesting cross references on a symbol
>
> "Wrong type argument: wisi-prj (vc . "<path/to/working/directory")"
>
> In an effort to fix this, I actually loaded the project (facepalm).

right. You may want to modify project-find-functions in you ~/.emacs;
see (info "(wisi.info)Selecting projects")

> But then got that "gpr_query did not return other item; refresh?"
>
> Any help appreciated.

gpr-query relies on the cross reference information output by the
compiler; it assumes the code is compiled.

When gpr-query reads the compiler output, it caches the results in a
database.

This error message indicates that the cached cross reference database does not
contain the requested symbol. This is due to one of three things:

- the code has never been compiled, or changed but not compiled

    solution; compile it and try again

- the code has been changed and compiled since the database was
refreshed

    solution: refresh the database with C-c C-q (wisi-refresh-prj-cache)

- the compiler does not output information for this symbol.

    give up

AdaCore is moving to a different cross reference system, so they are not
likely to make changes in the compiler output info to support new
features.

I'll add this to wisi.info

> Ada-mode is brilliant and I love it, but I just want it to work (as
> gnatstudio isn't very nice to edit on).

Thanks for the feedback.

--
-- Stephe