torture

[Torture] Re: more mailing list for mailman..

From: Phillip Rulon
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:16:15 -0500 (EST)

   Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:40:20 -0500
   From: Jim Elgin <address@hidden>
   CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
           address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

      One of the reasons for using mailman was it's web gateway which would
      allow people to browse the archives ala Debian.  (IIRC)

   By anyone?  Do we want all gvc mail to be open to inspection?  We
   treat maintiners identities as confidential, for instance.

Not necessarily, and not everything.  We can have a secure area for us, and
an open area for them.  This works _really_ well for Debian, they have several
forum lists and several private lists.

pjr