tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about in-memory compilation, target

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about in-memory compilation, target
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 01:15:47 +0100

On 11.02.2024 11:08, draco via Tinycc-devel wrote:
You're right, I didn't verify closely, but the ABI is still intact. Sorry...

To be nice I've made tcc_relocate() abort with a notice
when it's called with the former two-step method ;)

-- gr

Am 10.02.24 um 22:12 schrieb Eric Raible:
> This means, that not only the public API changes, but also the
> libtcc.dll/so ABI, making all programs using libtcc crash without warning.
>
> Is this intended?
>
> Michael
I just tried it.  It looks like only programs that _don't_ use
TCC_RELOCATE_AUTO would be affected (at least on my x86_64 debian box).
Looks like the breakage would only be in a program uses manual memory
management,
that uses the system tcc (instead of a private  version), and where the system
tcc is
updated w/out rebuilding the application.  Anyone out there who would be in
that situation?
- Eric