tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about in-memory compilation, target

From: draco
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about in-memory compilation, target
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:08:56 +0100

You're right, I didn't verify closely, but the ABI is still intact. Sorry...

Am 10.02.24 um 22:12 schrieb Eric Raible:
> This means, that not only the public API changes, but also the
> libtcc.dll/so ABI, making all programs using libtcc crash without warning.
>
> Is this intended?
>
> Michael

I just tried it.  It looks like only programs that _don't_ use
TCC_RELOCATE_AUTO would be affected (at least on my x86_64 debian box).

Looks like the breakage would only be in a program uses manual memory management,
that uses the system tcc (instead of a private  version), and where the system tcc is
updated w/out rebuilding the application.  Anyone out there who would be in that situation?

- Eric