tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] A couple of questions

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A couple of questions
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 01:59:59 +0100

On 12.02.2024 15:35, George Sedov wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, I noticed that throughout the codebase there is a mix of spaces
and tabs. This makes it very difficult to produce out-of-tree patches, since
most of the editors will replace tabs with spaces. Is there a reason behind it?

Obviously then the reason must be that most people here did not
use "most of the editors" ... ;)

The second question is about the bounds check. In the current implementation it
is common to first access the provided pointer, and only after that check if it
is valid or not (e.g. the __bound_str* functions). Doesn't it defy the whole
purpose of the functions? What is the intended usecase of this feature?

I guess the intention is to warn you about potential problems,
rather than about problems that you already have (crashes or
sume such).

-- gr

BW,
    George