tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Relative paths of include files are not normalised, w

From: Herman ten Brugge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Relative paths of include files are not normalised, which can break #pragma once
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 20:09:03 +0200

On 7/7/23 08:59, grischka wrote:
On 07.07.2023 07:45, draco wrote:
Hermann,

I tested your patch a bit, seems to work as expected and brings tcc
win32 back to it's normal speed.

It might be too slow on linux too ...

Basically the "#ifndef cache" is meant to make it faster,
while the #pragma once also needs to detect path aliases.

That is two different goals in the first place.

Another goal in tinycc is simple code.  For example to have
a common solution for platforms.
I did a benchmark on linux and it is about 2% slower on my machine.

I created a new patch where I removed the stat call.
I now calculate the full path name on linux and windows.
This means that soft/hard links do not work any more.
There is still a small slowdown because we create/compare the full path name now.
But it is about 0.1% on my 64 bits x86_64 machine. Hard to measure correct.

    Herman