tcldrop-dev

[Tcldrop-Dev] bind NICK

From: Papillon
Subject: [Tcldrop-Dev] bind NICK
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:52:08 +0200

Just qurious about the NICK bind in eggdrop...

    (13) NICK (stackable)

           is matched against '#channel newnick' and can contain wildcards.
         Module: irc

Now.. the raw reply of a nick-change is:
address@hidden NICK :Papillon

I guess you can all see that there is no #channel in there.. so how will we
provide a specific channel to the bind? Infact why should we even bother? It
is not possible to have different nicks in different channels.
So how to solve this? From my point of view there is two solutions:
1. simply ignore the whole channelsetting
2. match each and every bind against the channels the nick and the bot is
on... (then we have to choose one at random if ths bind has * as it's
matcher

hehe hope I made this understandable

Papillon