tcldrop-dev

[Tcldrop-Dev] Tcldrop Development..

From: FireEgl
Subject: [Tcldrop-Dev] Tcldrop Development..
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:59:54 -0500

Just thought I'd be the first to write something to this list.. (This is
actually the second time I've sent this, the first one
didn't seem to go through)

Anyway, Tcldrop is approximately 25% complete at this point (May 18th, 2003)..
If anybody has ideas for the project then now is the best time to tell me about
them so I can lean the development in the right
directions..

If you make changes to the code, then I'd appreciate it if you submitted a
patch to
http://SV.GNU.Org/patch/?func=addpatch&group=tcldrop and I'll consider adding
it.

Some notes about the design on Tcldrop..

It's being made about as modular as I know how to make it.. Using binds,
modules are able to tie themselves into the rest of Tcldrop
in much the same way that Eggdrop scripts are able to add/enhance the
functionality of Eggdrop.

Some of the major features (besides the ones being taken from Eggdrop) that I
have planned:
* The ability to have multiple, chained proxies and connection filters (for
things like SSL).
* Multiple sources for the user database.  For example a MySQL server can be
used as the primary user database, with a local file as
a failover.  Userfile sharing between bots will use part of this as well. (I'm
almost done with the stubs for this one, although I'm
not going to write the MySQL module myself)
* Multi-server support..

-FireEgl (Philip Moore)