Re: [Swftools-common] Issues with embedded fonts when converting PDF to

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Issues with embedded fonts when converting PDF to SWF (500 USD reward)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:28:42 +0000

Hi Michael,

The numbers in those columns, are not text.

For example,

[1  09500214]  [1  0526336]

are comprised as far as I can ascertain, of two array objects, each array
consisting of a signed integer sandwiched between
two text fields.

While they may render as textual numeric in the pdf, and
you can thus select and copy them from the rendered page,
they don't actually read as such within the pdf, and thus
don't convert as such.

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar with the pdf format,
nor the swftools code base to really take this further, or
suggest a possible way round it. Anyone out there got any
bright ideas?

Incidentally, the pdf page you supplied was linearised.

Not sure that helps a lot, but there you go. ;o)

mfg.

Chris.