Re: [Swftools-common] on the mailing list itself

From: Ryan Schmidt
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:43:16 -0600

On Nov 10, 2013, at 10:15, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> would it be possible that the default reply to a message from this list
> would be the list itself and not its original sender?
>
> I mean this to avoid unwanted private replies. A mailing list such as
> this is also a valuable resource for future reference.

I am just a reader of this list, not connected with this project, so take my
suggestions in that light, but I will refer you to this article which explains
why this is usually not done:

There are counterarguments, but this is the view to which I subscribe.

The main reason why people seem to want to make this change is for the benefit
of people who do not understand how email programs work. But all this does is
reinforce their incorrect assumptions. Instead, when someone inadvertently
replies privately, I suggest we take the opportunity to educate the user on the
use of the Reply All function.