Re: [Swftools-common] on the mailing list itself

From: Lists
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:13:56 +0000

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:09:32 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 11/11/2013 12:07 AM, lists wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 17:15:31 +0100 Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> >
> >> Dear list,
> >>
> >> would it be possible that the default reply to a message from this
> >> list would be the list itself and not its original sender?
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge Pablo, this is what already happens.
> > What does web.de usually give you as the return address?
>
> It isn’t my mail provider, but my mail client.

I had noticed you used Thunderbird from the header,

 rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.1.

> Thunderbird gives me an option to reply to list, but if I simply
> reply, reply goes to the original sender.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To

may help you in this respect ( possibly combined with a separate identity)
As I said, with Claws Mail ( Linux or Windows ), hitting Reply gives the
List address.  In other words it is aware of what the reply to address
should be.

> And although I tend to forget to select replying to list, replying to
> the “From:” field is the right thing to do.

Normally yes, but in this instance it is the LIST Server that copies you the
message. The original sender ( who posts to the list server ), is not
posting to you personally.  Right?

Regards,

Chris.