Re: [Swftools-common] FlashExtractor

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FlashExtractor
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:53:54 +0100

Theoretically, if mails were deliberately not sent to the list as a
whole, but to you personally,  then they should have OFF-LIST
stated in the Subject line.  Often done if a more personal response
is needed to a posting, or if the content is not really related to the
list topic under discussion.  It's not a problem to copy a single
person in, as long as they don't object to receiving the mail
twice!

Some high volume lists state and enforce etiquette rules,
for obvious reasons, and take a dim view of those that
bend them.  Examples include cc and top-posting.   if you
you infringe you may well get a shot across the bows from
the list manager.  Other lists, like this one, are more relaxed.
Unless a policy is specifically enforced, then take as you find,

I suspect those message which came to you personaly did so by
accident, from those hitting reply in a mail client,  and not noticing
that it didn't go to the list as a whole.  Where relevant I simply
forward them on.

If you want some general guidelines, try these,

( http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt )

Best,

Chris.