Re: [Swftools-common] Re: stereo sound(track)

From: Russell Lyons
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: stereo sound(track)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:18:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Iosif.

Thanks very much. This works, even after I put in the pause button. :-)
Now I have to see whether it will also work when video is going at the
same time.

(By the way, the problem before was not with cygwin, as it happens even
under cmd in WinXP.)

Best regards,
Russ

Hi Russ,
Here is the mp3 player as simple as it can get [put the code bellow into a file foo.sc]:

.flash filename="sound.swf" fps=24 bbox=100x40 background="" version=8

.box play width=20 height=20 line=0 fill=blue
.box stop width=20 height=20 line=0 fill=red

.button bt_play
.show play as=area
.show play as=idle
.show play as=hover y=-1
.on_press:
_root.play();
.end
.end

.button bt_stop
.show stop as=area
.show stop as=idle
.show stop as=hover y=-1
.on_press:
_root.stop();
.end
.end

.put bt_play 15 10
.put bt_stop 40 10

.action:
song = new Sound();
song.loadSound("dust.mp3", true);

function play(){
song.start();
};

function stop(){
song.stop();
};

.end #end of action

.end

So explaining that code:
-first line creates a file sound.swf [after compiling swfc foo.sc]
-after create 2 rectangles 20x20 pixels play and stop one blue and other red -create 2 buttons one for play and one for stop using on press action for those buttons trigger their respective functions
-put the buttons at a certain position
-in between the action:/end tags are the actionscript 2 code
-create a new sound object called song [you can name it whatever you want] -next line load the mp3 song into that object [put your mp3 file name in here and the file have to be in the same folder as the foo.sc file] -function start tells to object song to start and function stop tells to object song to stop

To play that file into any browser do this:
Put the flowing code into a file player.html in the same folder withe the compiled sound.swf file:

<head>

</head>

<object width="100" height="40">
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name="movie" value="sound.swf">
<embed src="" width="100" height="40">
</embed>
</object>

Drag the player.html in any browser and the song should start automatically. In the middle of the page you should have a blue and a red button.

I use swftools-0.9.0 and works on windows and linux too.
If you follow the steps it should work. Take it from here and you can do just about everything

Hope helps.

Regards,
Iosif