Re: [Swftools-common] Installing SWFTools on Linux with yum

From: LivingDocs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Installing SWFTools on Linux with yum
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:28:36 +0200

Am 05.08.2009 um 12:52 schrieb Matthias Kramm:

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 12:28:04PM +0200, LivingDocs <address@hidden > wrote:
I want to install SWFTools on my Linux server.

The server runs ASPLinux 12 (RedHat Linux).

This could be done with yum.

Can anybody give me information about how to config yum, that it can
install SWFTools and all files that are needed for it?

If you only need version 0.8.1, I think running
   yum install swftools
is enough.

Version 0.8.1 would be enough, but Yum returns:
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package swftools available.
Nothing to do

If you need a newer version, do this:
   yum install libjpeg-devel
   yum install t1lib-devel
   yum install freetype
   yum install freetype-devel
   yum install giflib
   yum install giflib-devel

I installed all these files with yum.
But I don't know how to compile SWFTools.

Where can I find information about this?

Benedikt