Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:07:06 +0100

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:39 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have one web service where I will keep the page flipped events
> I want to have one client (student) flash which will receive page events
> from the server
> And one control client (teacher) flash which will send the web service flip
> events.

I'm curious about the student client implementation.
How you send events to the client?
Are you using a persistent protocol like RTMP?

If you use HTTP I don't understand how ExternalInterface can help you.

Anyway, I attached a simple and rude implementation.
It's my interpretation to your problem.

Just put those files in a webserver document root and put a pdf2swf
gererated document
in the same folder.
Open getpage.php and setpage.php and change the hard coded file path.

> Now important things:
> Is it possible to use the ExternalInterface class from .sc ?
> All I need to do is to expose the javascript functions with a viewer.
> I tried several viewers written in actionscript 3 and they all gave me the
> same error.
>
> For example when I try building this Main class in Flex Builder (after
> fixing the ; error)
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2009-02/msg00141.html
>
> and then try to put my swf into its viewport control
> swfcombine -f Main.swf viewport=LowLatencyData.swf -o test.swf
>
> I get the
> WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions will
> occur.

Sorry, can help you here.
I already notice this too. But I never needed, so I din't digged into it.
Maybe Matthias can give you(us) some valuable info about this.

Ricardo