Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events

From: onur . tugcu
Subject: Re: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf javascript events
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:13:15 +0000

Hello Chris

Thanks for looking into this

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that this is a >>school project<<

So in order to graduate, yes, am More than hellbent on doing this.
I know how to do _javascript_ interfacing in actionscript. I don't know how to get the viewport to be seen by swfcombine.

package
{
import flash.display.MovieClip;

public class Main extends MovieClip
{
public var viewport:MovieClip;

public function Main()
{
}
}
}

Here's where I am. I compile this with as3compile.
How do I make the viewport seen by swfcombine? What more needs to be done?

swfcombine -o test.swf Main.swf viewport=LowLatencyData.swf
WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions will occur.

swfdump on simple_viewer.swf says

[HEADER] File version: 4
[HEADER] File size: 505
[HEADER] Frame rate: 25.000000
[HEADER] Frame count: 1
[HEADER] Movie width: 1024.00
[HEADER] Movie height: 768.00
[009] 3 SETBACKGROUNDCOLOR (ff/ff/ff)
[027] 4 DEFINESPRITE defines id 0023
[000] 0 END
[01a] 14 PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0023 at depth 0001 name "viewport"
[002] 37 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0032
[002] 35 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0033
[002] 37 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0034
[002] 35 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0035
[002] 37 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0036
[002] 35 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0037
[007] 39 DEFINEBUTTON defines id 0030
[007] 39 DEFINEBUTTON defines id 0031
[00c] 39 DOACTION
[01a] 5 PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0030 at depth 0003
[01a] 9 PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0031 at depth 0004
[030] 30 DEFINEFONT2 defines id 0118
[025] 41 DEFINEEDITTEXT defines id 0119 variable "/:subtitle" (readonly)
[01a] 5 PLACEOBJECT2 places id 0119 at depth 0005
[001] 0 SHOWFRAME 1 (00:00:00,000)
[000] 0 END

So something else was done to PLACEOBJECT2 name viewport

And swfdump of my Main.swf

[HEADER] File version: 10
[HEADER] File is zlib compressed. Ratio: 69%
[HEADER] File size: 1173
[HEADER] Frame rate: 25.000000
[HEADER] Frame count: 1
[HEADER] Movie width: 400.00
[HEADER] Movie height: 300.00
[045] 4 FILEATTRIBUTES as3
[052] 1126 DOABC
[04c] 9 SYMBOLCLASS
exports 0000 as "Main"
[001] 0 SHOWFRAME 1 (00:00:00,000)
[000] 0 END

No PLACEOBJECT2 there.

So what do I have to do?

Help is greatly appreciated

Or alternatively, how do I use the actionscript ExternalInterface.addCallback (which exposes the _javascript_ interface) in .sc ? I don't have to force myself to use actionscript 3, I just need to get this thing done.