[Swftools-common] Newbie having difficultly with mp3 sound file

From: Bill Gray
Subject: [Swftools-common] Newbie having difficultly with mp3 sound file
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 16:35:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,

I've figured out almost everything that I need to get this project done, but I
am having some unexpected difficultly with sound.

I can load an mp3 sound track with...

<code>
.sound snd "soundtrack.mp3"

.play snd
</code>

But it won't play all the way through.  It gets chopped off in the middle.

I can load the same sound using a .wav file, but the .wav is 2.9MB where the
mp3 is 350kB!!!

I have tried to play the mp3 through action script with the lines...

<code>
    .sound snd "soundtrack.mp3"

        .action:
            acSnd = new Sound(this);
            acSnd.attachSound("snd");
            acSnd.start();
        .end
</code>

But this suffers from the same cut off issue as the simple way.

Thanks,

Bill