Re: [Swftools-common] creating an swf

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] creating an swf
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:48:10 +0200

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 08:09:19PM +0700, John Francis Lee <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I have a project in mind. It is to compose a series of swfs with voice over.
>
>  The first is composed of a single .avi and a single .mp3
>  The rest are each composed of a series of .jpg files and a single .mp3
>
> I have made single .swf files of from each of the .jpg files.
> Individually they fill the browser's screen, but when I combine them
> they are all different sizes, are located in the upper left corner of
> the browser window, and flash by very quickly. I would like to be able
> to control the length of time each of the .jpg's is displayed and the
> transitions between them. Perhaps fade one out and another in.

I guess you used swfcombine? If yes, you probably should use the --cat
option.
However, a I guess a more promising approach might be to instead write a
swfc script which loads each .swf file into a seperate frame and then
forwards to the next one once it's finished.
Together with sound, this will look something like this:

.flash name=combined.swf fps=50

    .frame 1
        .sound sound1 sound1.mp3
        .swf file1 file1.swf
        .put file1
        .play sound1
    .frame 2
        .action:
            if(file1._currentframe < file1._totalframes) {
                gotoAndStop(1);
            }
        .end
    .frame 3
        .stop sound1
        .del file1

        .sound sound2 sound2.mp3
        .swf file2.swf
        .put file2
        .play sound2
    .frame 4
        .action:
            if(file2._currentframe < file2._totalframes) {
        ... etc ...

For images, the frames will look like this instead:

    .frame 5
        .sound sound1 sound1.mp3
        .png image1 image1.swf
        .put image1
        .sprite file3 # just for the delay
            .frame 50
        .end
        .put file3
        .play sound1

with the "50" controlling how long the image is displayed.

Hope that helps,

Matthias