[Swftools-common] Problems with memory consumption

From: Mikke Helenius
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problems with memory consumption
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:57:02 +0300

Hi,

I have a problem with flash player's memory consumption. I have converted an eight page brochure to multiple swf files with python gfx module. After conversion each page is approximately 100-200kb in file size. However when I load these swf pages dynamically to my viewer application, the Flash player suddenly consumes more than 300 Mb of RAM. This causes problems with low-performance machines and occasionally even crashes the browser... Does anybody have an idea why these "seems-to-be-small" swf files consumes so much memory after loading those in flash? Is there anything I could do to control the memory consumption?

The source pdf has it's fonts converted. Could that affect to the resulting swf memory consumption so heavily?

Thanks for any help!
-mikke