Re: [Swftools-common] issues with a loader

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] issues with a loader
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 17:25:19 +0200

Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> Trying to combine a loader
> (http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-loader.txt) with the following
> presentation (http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks.swf [script at
> http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-script.txt]), I get the following
> output (http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-preloader.swf).
>
> The main issue with this presentation is that orphanworks.swf is not
> played at all when combined with the preloader. How can I solve this?

I haven't found the fix for this, but I think that the main issue here
might be how audio is embedded at
http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-script.txt. The loader doesn't
seem to be able to find the audio object. (Adding .sound audio
"audio-lessig.mp3" makes audio available, but it embeds the audio in the
loader, which makes the loader useless.)

Using the loader (http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-loader.swf) with
 http://randomfoo.net/oscon/2002/lessig/free_culture.swf works with the
sound.

For some reason unknown to me, the loader is not able to find the sound
file in http://ousia.justfree.com/orphanworks-preloader.swf (the timer
is also no able to specify the sound duration), but the same loader
finds it in http://randomfoo.net/oscon/2002/lessig/free_culture.swf.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks,

Pablo