Re: [Swftools-common] some additions to swfc

From: Huub Schaeks
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] some additions to swfc
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:19:12 +0200

Hello Matthias

I probably won't deliver on my promised patches this weekend. Kevin Veroneau's mail made me reconsider the idea of having swfc include only the uses glyphs without adding the extra parameter, which I had discarded at first. I've implemented that in the mean time, without any really thorough testing though.
I also tweaked the easing functions i used a bit.
I started work on the option of changing separate parameters independently and you were right, it's tricky. In fact it didn't work as I first thought it would so now I started implementing processing the object changing commands in a different way, storing all the changes for any given object until the end and only then calculating all the parameters for all the frames and inserting the placeobject tags.

The idea is that if you have
 .frame 1
    .put obj1 x=0 y=0
 .frame 30
   .change obj1 x=50
 .frame 70
   .change obj1 x=0
 .frame 100
   .change obj1 y=100

then the object will move from y=0 to y=100 during 100 frames and it will independently move from x=0 to x=50 and back to x=0 in the first 70 frames. If you put this into the current sfwc the object will move from x=0 to x=50 and back to x=0 and only then start to move to y=100.

I'm not sure how soon I can have some working code for this, but I think the implementation I have in mind should work, and also provide the data I think would be needed to implement .qchange.