Re: [Swftools-common] some additions to swfc

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] some additions to swfc
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:32:46 +0200

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:39:45PM +0200, Huub Schaeks wrote:
> I added a parameter 'glyphs' to the .font command [...]
> I added a parameter called 'ease' to the .change command to specify an
> easing function to be used [...]

Wow. Sounds interesting.

> I'm not quite sure about using those functions license wise. Robert Penner
> released his code under the BSD license and I don't know if it is permitted
> to add my code, which is in some way derived from his, in a GPLed program.

Adding BSD licensed code to GPL is no problem at all. It's the other
direction that's not allowed.

> If you're interested I can get the current development snapshot and
> generate some patch files sometime this weekend probably.

Yes, some patches would be great.

> I was looking a little further because I thought I would like to be able to
> manipulate separate parameters of a character independently.

So, for example, that a
    .change obj1 x=100 y=100
    .change obj2 x=200
    .change obj3 x=300 y=300
interpolates y smoothly from 100 to 300?
Interesting idea.
I think implementing it this way will mean a lot of change to the existing
code, though, which always assumes that changes only happen between two
neighboring keyframes.
I guess you can rewrite the while(frame < allframes) loop in line 1928
so that it does the interpolation for each parameter seperately, but
it's tricky.

Greetings

Matthias