Re: [Swftools-common] script improvement for Flash presentation

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] script improvement for Flash presentation
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:48:14 +0100

Thanks for your answer, Chris.

Chris Flowers wrote:
> Sorry I haven't got back to you. Read up on the actionscript
> sound object. The basic scheme is making an array of cue points
> for when the slides should change. You then have to monitor
> the sound's playback position and manually change slides as
> needed via actionscript. Its fairly involved and requires some
> actionscript knowledge.

I'm afraid this is too complex for me, since I have neither programming
nor ActionScript knowledge.

> You should be able to find help on the sound object here:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flash/

I have downloaded the documentation and I have searched for the sound
object in the ActionScript documentation. It seems that it is easy to
create an stream sound reading it from an external audio file, but this

The issue here is that I don't know which ActionScript features are
implemented in swfc and which ones aren't implemented. Seeking for help
in ActionScript forums wouldn't be pointless, since those scripts may
not work with swfc.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo