sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Key updates not propagating

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Key updates not propagating
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:55:11 +0000

> On 18 Jan 2019, at 17:47, Alain Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> While sks1.cryptokeys.org.za is listing pgpkeys.urown.net as peer. It
> is not cross-peered back by pgpkeys.urown.net.

Of course. Please don’t take anything I say as an accusation against either
yourself or any other particular keyserver operator. These things happen (I was
a less than exemplary pool member for several years!). The problem is not that
there are keyservers that don’t gossip efficiently with peers, but that weakly
connected keyservers can remain in the pool regardless.