sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Key updates not propagating

From: Yegor Timoshenko
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Key updates not propagating
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:41:50 -0000

> This is not anyone's fault. It is just an unfortunate reality
> that we have to accept. SKS is end-of-life.
>
> WKD is a useful and simple tool for finding keys that match
> email addresses. [...]
>
> Thoughts?

Hagrid is a verifying, validating keyserver that implements
subset of HKP: https://gitlab.com/sequoia-pgp/hagrid

Despite effectively being centralized, I believe that it provides
better censorship resistance than today's SKS. Given that it's
reverse compatible with GPG's `--recv`, I think it is a good
migration strategy, until something that correctly tackles the
problem of untrusted, uncensorable, verifying decentralized key
storage comes out.