sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:29:16 +0100

On 11/15/2013 10:24 PM, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
>
>> PS! For those that have noticed a blue indicator on that status
>> page[2], this is a preliminary setup for a potential new HA pool
>> in the future for load-balanced servers in front of multiple SKS
>> instances. I do however expect the HA pool to continue in the
>> same
>
> Just curious, how do you detect this?  I just noticed the blue for
> the first time today.

I don't, at the moment it is manually specified. However, in the long
term, multiple requests and checking for nodename difference for a
singular host would be an option. This would probably be a matter for
a maintenance script running far less frequently than the hourly
updates of the pool though.

>> manner as today for a while longer before that change happens.
>> If anyone is interested in my own load-balanced setup using nginx
>> I've written up a blog post on [3].
>
> I've always wondered if I could just run multiple instances of sks
> db on the localhost with different ports and load balance amongst
> them. I never tried it though because I'm afraid of corrupting the
> database. The sks db instances don't need rw access, just ro.  That
> would allow for simple load balancing configurations, good for
> throughput, but not for HA.

For now I'm only including nodes on different servers (although that
can of course be VMs)

- --
Kristian Fiskerstrand
Blog: http://blog.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Testis unus, testis nullus
A single witness is no witness