sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] reverse proxies and the pool
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:24:51 -0800

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand

> PS! For those that have noticed a blue indicator on that status
> page[2], this is a preliminary setup for a potential new HA pool in
> the future for load-balanced servers in front of multiple SKS
> instances. I do however expect the HA pool to continue in the same

Just curious, how do you detect this?  I just noticed the blue for the
first time today.

> manner as today for a while longer before that change happens. If
> anyone is interested in my own load-balanced setup using nginx I've
> written up a blog post on [3].

I've always wondered if I could just run multiple instances of sks db
on the localhost with different ports and load balance amongst them. I
never tried it though because I'm afraid of corrupting the database.
The sks db instances don't need rw access, just ro.  That would allow
for simple load balancing configurations, good for throughput, but not
for HA.

...Todd
--
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological
advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte