sks-devel

[Sks-devel] How are Key's stored (format) in the berkeley Database

From: Thomas Spycher
Subject: [Sks-devel] How are Key's stored (format) in the berkeley Database
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:52:46 +0100

Hi everyboy,

i’m trying to generate some statistics out of my running sks keyserver. For
this i’m accessing the berkeley Database directly.
I was a bit surprised, that i can’t use the received public key in my python
script directly as binary based key.

        ——— 8< ————
        keyFile = os.path.join(dbPath, "key”)
        self._sksDB_key = db.DB()
        self._sksDB_key.open(keyFile, None, db.DB_BTREE, db.DB_RDONLY)
        key_entry = self._sksDB_key.get(md5hash.decode("hex"))
        key_object = pgpdump.BinaryData(key_entry)
        key = pgpdump.BinaryData(key_object)

        Throws:
                pgpdump.utils.PgpdumpException: incorrect binary data

It is not a error in the pgpdump library. Are the keys compressed stored?

Thanks for your help
Tom