sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Apache Traffic and "/pks/hashquery"

From: Petru Ghita
Subject: [Sks-devel] Apache Traffic and "/pks/hashquery"
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:34:52 +0100

Hello everybody,

Looking at the logs of an Apache Traffic server that I had in front of
the 11371 port I saw a bunch of:

1359130176.150 0 *src_ip_removed* ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/302 539 POST
http:///pks/hashquery - NONE/- text/html -

Now the funny thing is that my server seems to be doing ok
synchronizing. It imports keys, out of what I can tell from from:

http://keyserver.sincer.us:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

And I clearly recall that I checked outbound synchronization as well. It
is nevertheless possible that I performed the outbound sync test before
putting it behind the proxy.

The only indication in the log file of sks that this operation is not
performed seems to some lines like:

2013-01-25 17:13:08 Handling /pks/hashquery

I'm aware of this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2012-04/msg00002.html
and the patch by John Clizbe.

So what I'm asking is:

This bug doesn't affect 1.1.3, does it?

Is there anything else I should be aware of when looking into this apart
from that old bug?

Something else... On the proxy I *do* require a hostname in order to
make the redirect, but since the server is not in the pool, and since it
should only be called by it's full name as in keyserver.sincer.us or by
it's IP address, it really didn't seem to be an issue. I was thinking
that if it gets added to the pool, a new redirection line with the pool
FQN would suffice...

Thank you for your patience!
Petru Ghita