sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Hockeypuck 0.8.1, recon development update

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: [Sks-devel] Hockeypuck 0.8.1, recon development update
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:44:54 -0600

Hi sks-devel,
This week I've released Hockeypuck 0.8.1. It can be installed from
ppa:hockeypuck/ppa on Ubuntu/Mint. For all other platforms, I have
compiled tarballs of the full system installation layout at
https://launchpad.net/hockeypuck/+download. This is a pretty minor
release as I've been focusing most of my spare time on the recon
protocol.

Hockeypuck 0.8.1 supports the PKS mail protocol. My server at
http://keyserver.gazzang.net can receive keys sent to
address@hidden Peers would be most welcome.
I've also added a statistics page similar to SKS/GnuKS:
http://keyserver.gazzang.net/pks/lookup?op=status.

I'm developing recon support in a separate project called Conflux
(https://github.com/cmars/conflux), a set reconciliation
library/framework for content-addresses databases in general. The
mathematical aspects are functioning and passing unit tests (ported
from SKS tests such as decode_test.ml). Right now I'm in what I
believe to be the home stretch, currently working on the server-side
of the protocol and the prefix tree.

Cheers,
Casey