sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Hockeypuck 0.8.1, recon development update

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Hockeypuck 0.8.1, recon development update
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:30:07 -0500

On 2013-01-24 at 22:44 -0600, Casey Marshall wrote:
> Hockeypuck 0.8.1 supports the PKS mail protocol. My server at
> http://keyserver.gazzang.net can receive keys sent to
> address@hidden Peers would be most welcome.

Added:
  http://sks.spodhuis.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

Feel free to send keys to <address@hidden>.

You should also talk to the earth.li administrators, who run a non-SKS
keyserver and see if they want mail-sync from you.

> I've also added a statistics page similar to SKS/GnuKS:
> http://keyserver.gazzang.net/pks/lookup?op=status.

This is probably good if you want to stay out of public pools until some
point when you decide the code is solid enough, but the keyserver pool
definitions are built by going out and walking op=stats so until you
support _that_, you won't be in current pools.

It's likely that your differing HTML will break the scrapers anyway.
Either the two people maintaining scrapers (I'm one) update to handle
your HTML once you support SKS reconciliation, or you and the SKS devs
work on some structured data form of export of the current data; perhaps
a JSON blob of the current state, using some agreed dict keys?

>                                         Right now I'm in what I
> believe to be the home stretch, currently working on the server-side
> of the protocol and the prefix tree.

Let me know when you want a second person running your code, once SKS
peering is in.  I'll shove Hockeypuck on a VM I have in the US and peer
from my sks-software node, kick things about, then seek peers for it.

Thanks,
-Phil