sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver online

From: C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver online
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:32:24 -0700

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 11:22 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
On Aug 22, 2010, at 11:13 AM, C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP wrote:
> Please accept my sincere apology.  I did not mean to offend.  I have never received a refusal to sign a message indicating ownership of a private key and it raised a red flag.  Since there has been no indication from the list that this was an appropriate step to take, I will avoid publishing such issues and attempt instead to resolve them privately.

Well as one who was also surprised at your peering policy (although
I understood perfectly once you explained), you might try
to describe the SKS server peering policy you are obliged to
work with up front (and in a accessible web page) just to expedite
the explanations.

Thank you for the recommendation.  I have begun such a policy here.  Revision history is being kept in git, and I'd be happy to publish it if there is interest.

http://pki.colliertech.org:11371/

Accessible will come shortly.  Speaking of which, a11y.com should be coming back up in a moment.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with your SKS peering policy imho, just
it surprised ( at least me) a bit, necessitating an explanation involving
some subtle interpretations of what "trust" means.

Thank you.

If you add a policy description of YOUR "trust" needs for SKS peering, its obvious
(to me anyways) why you wish a signed message.

Great. I will try to explain this in the document.

hth just trying for a positive suggestion

73 de Jeff

73,

C.J.